This release has taken a longer beta test phase as the new framework
V3 contains a complete rework of the modem and networking code.
Contact to the module is now faster and more reliable, and the module
will reconnect faster after losing a connection.
There are new additions to the car data model and the client protocol.
SMS forwarding may now be disabled via feature 14.
The Twizy code also has a lot of optimizations concerning network
communication delivering faster and more regular data updates.
More Twizy news:
- Expansion port inputs now must be activated explicitly using feature
15 (value +16). The ports have shown to catch spurious electromagnetic
pulses if left open, i.e. without connecting a SimpleConsole or
- Charge phase "topping off" (transition CC-CV) is now detected on
the BMS charge current reduction. This makes the detection independant
of battery temperature. Also the notification for the phase is now
enabled by feature 14 flag +64 (same as charge start).
- Normal charge end is now also detected on base of the charge current,
so will work even if your BMS does not reach 100% SOC at charge end.
- The DC converter status is now read correctly and it's current level
is read (displayed by text command DIAG or in the App's info screen).
- CFG POWER now also adjusts rated torque and maximum motor power. That
has no apparent effect but is done for consistency.
- Battery health state (SOH) is now read from the BMS and shown in
STAT?, charge notifications and the App's info screen. The BMS SOH
is supposed to be the decision base for battery replacement and
will normally be higher than the capacity measured by the OVMS (CAP).
- Text command "CA H" ("halt") and MSG command #12 will now stop the
charge process immediately, no need to change sufficient limits.
- Top speeds are no longer limited by the OVMS to 111 kph. The new
theoretical limit is now about 138 kph (due to the maximum rpm
encoder frequency). I DO NOT RECOMMEND TRYING THIS.
- Top speed now will also be set by a profile change during "GO".
This is meant as a means to help you avoid speeding tickets.
Take care not to set speeds like this above the underlying power
- The automatic SEVCON login on switch-on is now more robust and will
repeat until it succeeds. The login state is now reflected in new
See documentation for more details.